Sunday, March 13, 2011

where it all began..

I remember going into the city with a few high school friends back in the day, say I was about 17 years old and eager to see "Soho" (yes we were from Nassau County so this was like the holy grail of where fashion came from to me lol) I remember the cobblestones under my shoes and stumbling and thinking oh no the people in those shops are looking out at me going "here come the bridge and tunnelers!"..because i was..and they WERE haha..this is so long ago that I barely can remember anything except the one store that changed my whole outlook on life..I thought I wasn't allowed into couture label stores and that only rich people and actresses would be allowed past their buzzered doors..I was shocked when this nice old black gentlemen in a uniform buzzed me into Comme des Garcons..I really thought he was making an exception and that i would be chased out of there..but I wandered awe-struck thru the store touching the clothes on those really minimilist silver rolling racks..looking at the price tags and feeling like I had been accidentally let inside the Vatican..it was at this moment that I told myself..I belong here..i know it..and vowed to come back looking fiercer than ever!..and the rest as you know darlings...is history : )

No comments:

Post a Comment